Eastern Ontario Fitness Insurance
When you run a business, having the proper Fitness Insurance is a necessary component to shield you and your staff from the many areas of potential claims you face. A proper fitness insurance policy will protect your health club for much less money than you'd expect and the protection that it provides can be the difference between success and failure.
The Importance of Gym Insurance
According to the International Health, Racquet and Sports Club Association (IHRSA), your industry has experienced continuous growth over the last twenty years. One reason for this is the media. The fitness business is the beneficiary of hundreds of thousands of pages of free promotion every year. This is because the benefits of regular exercise are constantly touted in print, on TV and on the internet.
More recently, two other factors have impacted your business:
- Corporate involvement - 31% of Canada's larger corporations subsidize employee health club memberships according to IHRSA
- Health Insurance involvement - An increasing number of HMO's reward their members for participating in regular exercise programs
All of this exposure means you're probably seeing new members representing non-traditional markets such as seniors, children and sedentary people coming into your club. They want a facility that is safe for exercise. That's where insurance comes in.
You are exposed to unique risks and you need Health & Fitness Business Insurance that can cover you on all fronts as well as all of the normal areas of risk.
Who Needs Fitness Insurance?
Gym Insurance is available to all owners of heath and fitness clubs in Eastern Ontario and incorporates both traditional insurance and club-specific lines of insurance so that owners can focus on growing a successful business. If your business falls under one of the following categories, you could benefit from Health & Fitness Business Insurance:
- personal trainer
- fitness classes
- nutrition store
- tanning salon
Gym Insurance Options
At Upper Canada Commercial Insurance Group Inc, we will help you to consider many important coverages, such as:
1) General Liability
- Comprehensive General Liability
- Premises Liability
- Special Events coverage outside the club is included for the entity and professional instructors or consultants
- Personal Injury Liability
- Coverage for contracted professionals for additional premium
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Coverage for tanning
- Liquor Liability coverage
- Abuse or Molestation coverage
2) Professional Liability
- Health and Fitness Professional Liability coverage
- Coverage for the entity and employed professionals including lifeguards, racket sports instructors, aerobic & fitness instructors
- Blanket limits with large in-house capacity
- Special Causes of Loss coverage on buildings, contents, business income and extra expense
- Coverage including property of customers in your care, custody or control
- Coverage for outdoor pools and court surfaces
- Signs (attached or unattached)
- Precious metals, including trophies
- Business income and extra expense
- Pollutant clean-up and removal
4) Umbrella/Excess Liability
- Ask about our available umbrella coverage limits!
- Owned auto
- Hired and non-owned auto
- Hired car physical damage
- Rental Reimbursement for private passenger vehicles
6) Crime and Fidelity
- Theft, Disappearance and Destruction
- Forgery or Alteration
- Employee Dishonesty
Two Reasons to Get Started Right Away
- Upper Canada Commercial Insurance Group Inc is an experienced health and fitness facility insurer. We will review your club, customer base, and exposures to customize a comprehensive protection plan for your business.
- You can get a no-risk quote right away. After you fill out this short form we will get back to you within a day with affordable policy options.
Upper Canada Commercial Insurance Group has three locations to serve you in Ontario, and we are well equipped to take care of local, regional, nationwide, and even international insurance needs. We can discuss issues like builders risk insurance, general liability, or any other insurance questions. We are there to serve your needs with expert and experienced professionals. We are an independent insurance broker and no other insurance broker in Upper Canada has access to all the different insurance companies that Upper Canada Commercial Insurance Group does. This ensures that you get affordable rates and the very best policy for your needs.